Quantcast

Sean’s Blogs

West Ham have the last laugh over Everton

Everton have proved that the size of your transfer spending over the summer doesn’t guarantee success on the pitch as they lost their fourth game in a row over the weekend conceding twelve goals without scoring a single goal. The Merseyside club spent £143m in the summer after receiving £96m the other way for Lulaku, Deulofeu […]

Chicharito could be dropped

Javier Hernandes could easily find himself dropped to the bench this weekend as the Hammers travel to the Hawthorns to face the Baggies. West Ham keeper Joe Hart has already given a hint how Bilic could setup in the Midlands by saying “It’s not going to be one for the football purists. It’s going to […]

Newham could have last laugh at London Stadium

Newham council is expected to take over full ownership of the London Stadium long term. At present Newham Legacy Investments own 35% of the stadium with the London Legacy Development Corporation ( LLDC) owning the remaining 65% through a joint company called E20 Stadium LLP. Long term the likelihood is that London Legacy Development Corporation will be […]

Meltdown follows Irons perfect storm

If you read social media today you could be fooled into thinking West Ham have already been relegated this season. The internet has been going into meltdown with both anti -manager and anti-board feelings running high after the day after transfer deadline day. There are new crowd funded campaigns for large protest banners and talk of […]

We have to help Sakho find his way back

So we know from David Gold and David Sullivan that they have no intention of selling Diafra Sakho and plan to resist offers for him. For that to happen West Ham supporters, and for him to have a way back, we all need to accept he was most likely badly advised to skip training and travel […]

Saturday 3pm games are a thing of the past

The latest round of announcements for rescheduled games in October and November mean that West Ham will play just three times at home at the London Stadium on a Saturday this year at the traditional kick-off time of 3pm! Swansea City on 30th September is the only confirmed 3pm Saturday game with just Chelsea and […]

Sorry Mr Carroll but I’ve had enough of you!

I’ve reached the end of my tether with Andy Carroll. In 2013 we made him our record signing investing £15.5m in the striker, made him our top earner with a basic of £85,000 per week and an overall package understood to be closer to £100,000 per week. We have been patient, we have been tolerant, […]

West Ham board deliver on Premier League promise

We appear to be days away from one of the most exciting West Ham signings in a long time when Javier Hernandez eventually becomes a Hammer. After the failed experiment with foreign players such as Simone Zaza and Gokhan Tore the board promised to focus on players with Premier League experience and I think they have […]

Signing Chicharito is key to West Ham transfer success

Signing Javier Hernandez would a massive coup which could make or break this summer transfer window for West Ham in the eyes of the supporters. The signing of Pablo Zabaleta on a free transfer and the probable imminent loan signing of  Joe Hart are both massively welcomed and will add the promised quality to the […]

Market changes but Irons policy seems the same

I do wonder whether we have learnt our lessons from last Summer and whether the individuals in charge of the transfers have realised just how much the market has changed in a year. Last year we chased Carlos Bacca who failed to give us an answer in a situation which has all the hallmarks of the current […]