West Ham boss Slaven Bilic has ruled out Liverpool and England striker Daniel Sturridge as a summer transfer target.
Despite learning that the Hammers are ready to consider any striker with a top six club on the fringes of the first team, Sturridge is not on the Irons wanted list.
With Diafra Sakho and Andy Carroll having both been unfit for much of the season – or in Sakho’s case more or less all of it – Bilic is unready to consider any front man whose track record is suspect..
The Hammers are now counting Carroll and Sakho as “one” according to an insider who said: “It has to be like that because the best scenario is when one fit is available the other usually isn’t.
“Sturridge was obviously discussed but we really can’t afford to take on another striker who has had more than his share of injuries.”
Ideally, the club want to take a top striker as a permanent signing and another on loan.
Good. Please get somebody who will not always be injured. Defoe would be ideal. Oh, too late..
Why are we trying to be tight over Andre Gray. If he is available for £12m as reported then in todays game that could be money well spent. Iheanacho or Batshuayi I cant decide between the two tbh either would be great.
Why buy Andre gray…
When you can have Iheanacho and Batshuayi.
Hell… there’s rumours of Martial from Man Utd now.
Any of those 3 I would happily take.
Just don’t think Andre Gray is that good to be honest. He missed a sitter against us. Trying to do that heel flick.
Marial and Batshuayi as our front two for me. Iheanacho no where near the same level.
Lets not talk about either one or the other. We need 2, so Iheanacho and Batshuayi would both be needed. Or either of them with Martial.
That way we would have a very different season from this last one. That is with Zabaleta of course.
Shame we can’t get all three…
Buy Batshuayi and iheanacho outright!
Get Martial on loan with a view to a permanent and pay that with next years transfer kitty!
Obviously in dream land to have them as a front 3! Haha!
We will probably end up with Carlton Cole back and sign Darren Bent!
You must have read my mind WTW, there is always talk of top players around West Ham but very rarely do we sign them, can’t fault the chairmen for trying and sometimes it pays off like with Payet, as for Andre Gray he is one of those that has all the assetts bar one, he isn’t a great goalscorer, would love to see Martial, Batshuayi or Iheanacho but to be honest I think it is unlikely with Martial or Batshuayi so have set myself a fairly low expectation and will wait until I hear they are having a medical before I get excited about them 🙂
Who ever we sign there will be some who will find fault. I’m sure if we had messi, neymar & ronaldo up front they wouldn’t be good enough…
i keep seeing headlines saying ‘West Ham transfer blow as they miss out on another target’ then some name I have never heard of is named. Then some fans jump all over it moaning the club are too slow, tight & we are going to end up with no one again. 🙂 the season only ended 10 days ago.
We are going to be linked with dozens of players between now & the end of the window, 90% of them will be ******** & the other 10% there will be half a dozen other clubs after them.
Exactly… you can’t please everyone.
To be fair I don’t think anyone would be displeased if we signed ronaldo messi and neymar haha!
Time to put up or shut up. Spend big this summer & get the targets that are wanted, don’t wait for other clubs to jump in at the last moment & sign them from under our nose.
No disrespect to any other teams but we need to aim higher than clubs like WBA, Soton & other mid table clubs. To start with we have to be at least be against Everton & fighting for top 6,7 & 8. That gap needs to be closed straight away, the names mentioned on here should address that if all are 3 are signed. Zabaleta, Iheanacho & Batshauyi.
Grab a midfield playmaker & maybe a new keeper……..job done, happy days 😉
Can we stop with the loans, never feel you get the same application, effort and performance as from a player owned outright but we seem to have a love for it which I just really dislike. If you can’t afford the player on your permanent roster then move on to what you can afford or are willing to pay but stop the loans please
I dont mind loans if there is the likelihood of a full transfer at the end of it if both parties are happy..Lanzini was a loan and that worked well because he wanted to prove himself.Jenkinson was superb in his firsf season on loan.Its as much down to the individual players application.
Im not adverse to loans in the right circumstances.
Lol its probably sunstroke mate,the current bun has got to them.
They probably forgot to put the knotted hankies on their nuts this morning 😂😂