The club’s inhouse ITK has been filling us in with the Hammer transfer news this morning on WHUFC.com
The so called Boleyn Insider starts with “I understand that the Board have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to strengthen the squad and were hoping that a big new signing could be unveiled before the game against Liverpool on Saturday.But my sources have told me that this has been a week of setbacks for the Club as they look to add more firepower to the squad.“
“I have been told that the Club bid £10m for a striker from a Club in Lancashire, but the offer was turned down and they have been told that the player is not for sale.”
The striker in question is believed to be Manchester United’s Javier Hernández, who has been a long term and priority target for the Hammers but United insist they do not want to sell him.
“It is also my understanding that the Club agreed a €4m loan fee for a top Italian striker, but unfortunately the club changed their mind on releasing him.”
The Italian striker in question is believed to be Simone Zaza from Juventus which appears to have failed at the last hurdle.
“The search for a new striker is one of the major priorities and it is my understanding that the Club have also made a similar bid for a Turkish striker and are waiting to hear back.”
Little guessing is required to work out that the striker in question is the much linked Burak Yilmaz from Galatasaray with reports in Turkey suggesting the Turkish club has turned down a second bid from West Ham.
“As the Insider mentioned earlier in the week, I have been told that Slaven Bilic is also looking to strengthen other areas of the squad and is keen to bring another winger into the Club.I believe that the Club made a £9m offer for a winger from a Club in London, but have been told he is not for sale.”
Again it shouldn’t be rocket science that the London winger in question is Victor Moses from Chelsea.
The insider finishes by saying “My sources tell me that the Club have made 15 similar offers for players this summer. But despite the setbacks this week, I am assured that the Club will press on with bringing more new signings into the squad. The board are well aware of the situation and will do everything to get the best possible deals in place before the window closes on September 1.”