Whispers

Breaking | Mohammed Kudus impasse overcome, deal DONE – report

Image for Breaking | Mohammed Kudus impasse overcome, deal DONE – report

No sooner had the ink dried on the ‘deal stalled‘ article this afternoon, news came that the Hammers have in fact reached an agreement with Tottenham for the sale of their prized asset, in what some will say is a truly massive climbdown. Others will breathe a sigh of relief as it moves the Hammers window forwards and surely unblocks Graham Potter’s transfer plans for the rebuild of the side.

Freshly broken on twitter, David Ornstein has posted the update that, providing of course it proves accurate– spells the end of Mohammed Kudus’ West Ham career:

Exclusive: (it reads) Tottenham reach total agreement with West Ham United to sign Mohammed Kudus. Deal for 24 y/ West Ham forward worth in region of £55 million” Medical scheduled on Thursday ahead f Ghana international joining Tottenham on a six year contract’

Of course, there’s no word from West Ham yet to confirm or deny the agreement, the price or the terms but Ornstein’s impeccable credentials and contacts mean he’s not usually wrong in these things!

Share this article

From the old Bobby Moore Upper to the Billy Bonds' stand these days - sometimes- have to admit I have not renewed my season ticket... I've been watching since '03 and a supporter since about 1970..
Favourite player - Dean Ashton: Still watch YouTube repeats of the Cup Final of 2006 hoping in vain that Shaka Hislop grows six inches and stops Steven Gerrard's injury time equaliser. Can tell I'm getting old knowing I saw both Mark Noble's debut and his last game at West Ham.
Pulling on a Claret and Blue replica shirt still makes me feel the same butterflies as when I was seven years old. Magic.

31 comments

  • Tezzard says:

    Sorry , this is type of sale we would do if relegated . Is this the first time Sullivan is ahead of the curve ??

    We are a pathetic sad joke of club when we actively sell our best players to spurs at a discount just to give the manager some funds

    World class team in a world class stadium

  • Savvy Supporter says:

    Lol
    That ’75m’ was a fantasy in your head.
    Never happening.
    The bloke got 5 goals last year.
    Talented ? Undoubtedly.
    But also lazy, inconsistent and a sulker.
    The 65m ‘offer’ inc 5m for wiining PL and 5m for winning CL.
    So 55m with more upfront is the best deal.
    There were no other bidders.

    • Stevethechef says:

      No other bidders shows what other teams think of him. No doubt a great player but he thinks he is better than he is….shame the spuds didn’t buy him last January.

  • Tim says:

    I’m really not sure where rhe valuations of 60-70 million are coming from. Mbuemo and Cunha are worth that amount. If he had had a season like that under a good manager then of course he’s worth that. But he hasn’t had a good season, his stars have gone backwards.and he lost the ball a lot. 55 million sounds about right.

  • Royboy says:

    Relegation battle this season and I don’t think we will survive it SULLY JUST KILLED US WERE DONE

  • The Cat says:

    Having played for us for a short while, Kudus would be well aware of our dislike of that unmentionable club.
    I’d like to know the details of this deal, but I think that it has become clear that no manager wants or needs a player around who is determined to leave the club, [heading to your rivals] around the place. This could prove to be a very important pre-season for the club, and the bonding of the players will be a very important part of this pre-season.

    He will forever be known as Judas Kudus to me…….. Next up, Snake Aguerd!

  • Essexirons says:

    £55m…???

    Pathetic, what happened to nothing under £65m??

    • Dave Hammer says:

      And then what ?
      The player acted badly. Leaked to the media he ‘only wanted Spurs’
      Last season he was trying to fight half their team who actively tried to get him sent off.
      With no other bidders and the player sulking Sally’s done the best he could.
      If as rumoured Kudus put in a transfer request he loses 5% of any £.
      Would you really keep a sulking Kudus ? He’d be a nightmare around the dressing room
      Now we use the £ wisely.
      And watch Kudus sulking if he gets dropped or whine when they get knocked out of Europe. They’ll never get in again.

      • Loppy says:

        How can you trust the idiot of a chair or our clueless manager to spend the money wisely?

  • Taffyhammer says:

    Such is the lure of European League action. Shame we did not secure the services of Wee Davey Moyes when we had the chance. 2025 – who cares about Tottenham success? We need to finish above them – not have them finish below us. We will. COYI

  • Jimbo 2 says:

    Spurs will have committed to more up front. Sully will take £55m now rather than £75m over a number of years.

    It’s pathetic and shows he and the rest of the board aren’t fit to take us forward as a club. We desperately need new ownership.

  • Lee says:

    Can’t believe we’ve sold to Spurs we have become a joke! Going down this season.

  • jim says:

    hopefully this will be sullivans last summer at west ham time to run the little dwarf out of town with the skank brady time to get the protests going.

  • Ammers 66 says:

    Hutchinson, McAtee and Diouf in. I hope Sullivan with a bit of cash on his hip doesn’t start playing silly low ball games. We could end up with no Kudus and the dregs of the market

    • Jimbo 2 says:

      Not sure McAtee will come to West Ham mate but I fancy our chances with Don and El Hadji through the door.

  • Royboy says:

    Finally happened what a joke of a club we have become over the years…has sully forgot eider gudjohnson emmanuel adebayor and to sell them kudus for 55-60m is criminal you watch him be the buy of the summer and you watch the wetwipes put 100m plus release in he’s contract only our club gets mugged off everytime SEE UP AND DO 1 THE HOLE LOT OF YOU IN THE BOARDROOM NOT FIT TO RUN A BATH LET ALONE A FOOTBALL CLUB DISGRACE 🤬😡😖😡🤬

  • Nick the Hammer says:

    Please no, anyone but them.

  • HammerDan says:

    £55m enough for another Guillherme and a JWP!! 🤦

  • Irons 1975 says:

    50 years following my beloved ‘ammers, and I’m done! Caving in and not sticking to our guns again, especially against the spuds, sticks in the gullet. OK £55m (?) ain’t chicken feed, but when players who can tie their own boots are going for £20m plus…..

  • D2 says:

    Sounds about 30 million short. And those 2 t@@TS in the boardroom see themselves as businessmen and women ?

  • D.f.butcher says:

    Just like the change for the Chelsea game for an 8pm kick off, selling kudus to spurs is bit of a kick in the teeth, and dare I say a spurs joke us west ham fans don’t get, I think relegation is looming?

  • Andy says:

    Lies lies lies . . A leopard never changes its spots.

  • John Ayris says:

    He gave every impression of having been rumbled last season, he just didn’t adapt to doubling and trebling up. Ran into brick walls time and time again.

    I think we can spend the money more productively but I don’t have great confidence that we will.

  • Dave says:

    This club doesn’t care about the supporters.
    What was the reason we left Upton park.
    To keep our best players and compete.
    40 years a season ticket holder, no more for these lying money grabbing board.
    Broken promises.

  • arniehammer says:

    anyone but them!!!

  • Maverick74 says:

    Shocking promise to put there own money in…,nothing…..anyone else but them

  • Dutch Courage says:

    If true, one word, pathetic.

  • pat says:

    If True then Sullivan and the entire board need to sail off into the sunset because that price is laughable and cannot be true

  • M says:

    So we’ve caved for the lowball… great! At least we should have some incoming players soon as a result.

  • D says:

    They’re saying 55 million on sky sports news. Now we’ll have Arsenal taunting us over Rice and Tottenham taunting us over Kudus and of course they’ll both be scoring against us. If I was in charge I’d be telling players they can go to any team except Tottenham.

Comments are closed.