West Ham have little chance of tying up a deal for William Carvahlo in time for the weekend match at Newcastle despite optimistic reports in the media.
And reports coming out of Portugal that the defensve midfielder will travel to London for a medical are quite simply wrong despite the claim he has agreed a deal with the Hammers.
No further talks with Sporting Lisbon are planned before Thursday as a result of ther involvement in the Champions League play off against Steau Bucharest which goes ahead tomorrow night (Wed).
Lisbon claim Carvahlo is available for the game so it will be interesting to see whether he plays in the circumstances.
But regardless of that any hopes of him becoming an Iron in time for the weekend are simply not on as the next round of talks is planned for Thursday.
There is unlikely to be an outcome to the prolonged negotiations with most of those involved believing it will go down transfer deadline day.
A top Hammers souce told us today: “Everybody at Sporting is in Romania for the Champions League game so we meet again on Thursday. The deal remains where it is until the – at around 50/50.”
Wasn’t Carvalho supposed to be arriving in the UK for a medical last week? Or was it the week before? One moment I read that it’s almost a done deal,with terms agreed….. the next it’s only 50-50.
Is anyone capable of seeking the truth and reporting it accurately?
😂😂 if he plays tonight does that send a message to say he’s staying , or risk injury to scupper his desire to move ? Surely he can’t play !! 😉
I can wait until deadline day to get him.Better then than not at all. Anyway my source tells me Noble is hoping Carvahlo stays at S.L. LOL
If it is correct that it could go down to deadline day surely that suggests it depends on some other deal or deals going through. Why else would that date be significant? Waiting another week now doesn’t bother me, but still seems a bit odd. Unless Sporting are sure they will screw a bit more out of us a Sept 1st approaches.
If he plays in the cl he won’t be coming.. IMO ..
There has been a lot of false news from Portugal on this. They in the beginning they did originally want him for CL qualifiers but he wants in first leg and they trounced the game the other day 5-0 without him and have already bought a replacement.
If we want him know we have to stump up £4-£5m more or we wait and up they accept us willing to meet release clause with Add ons.
It is so close and so late in window to go after anyone else of his quality. There is the PSG mid . Loan possible but he want Chelsea move most likely Grozgre (excuse spelling)
So looks like this one will go to the window. And will most likely work out a deal if goes that far but hopefully no one else comes in.
If they play and risk an injury then they don’t want it to go thru like Laz was saying. If he doesn’t play like he has been then they still want the deal to happen