web analytics
5 Comments

David Moyes receives a vote of confidence

West Ham manager David Moyes has received a vote of confidence from supporters to carry on the job he started last November.

A Claret and Hugh poll of 1,390 fans today showed the majority of 62% (862) believes Moyes should be offered a new contract in the Summer with the remaining 38% (528) saying he shouldn’t be offered a contract.

No contract negotiations from either side will take place until the end of the season when West Ham have guaranteed their Premier League status but there seems a willingness on both sides to conclude a deal over the Summer and an air of certainty that the club has no-one else waiting in the wings as an alternative option.

The appointment of a director of football that can work with David Moyes and the West Ham board will be a crucial decision as will the budget given to the new recruitment department this Summer to get on with the job without hindrance or interference.

Click Here for Comments >
 

About Sean Whetstone

I am Season Ticket Holder in West stand lower at the London Stadium and before that, I used to stand in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower Row R seat 159 in the Boleyn Ground and in the Eighties I stood on the terraces of the old South Bank. I am a presenter on the West Ham Podcast called MooreThanJustaPodcast.co.uk. A Blogger on WestHamTillIdie.com a member of the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board (SAB), Founder of a Youtube channel called Mr West Ham Football at http://www.youtube.com/MrWestHamFootball, I am also the associate editor here at Claret and Hugh. Life Long singer of bubbles! Come on you Irons! Follow me at @Westhamfootball on twitter

5 comments on “David Moyes receives a vote of confidence

  1. I also if he takes us to safety considering he wasn’t given the tools for the job in jan hugil evra really the board taking the p–s to the extreme once again then he deserves a huge war chest and selling the cresswells and Snodgrass players also will add some more to the war chest to actually buy quality some thing this board hasn’t learnt to do yet with greed and lady Tory Brady actually asking us to watch her show and not our team against stoke! Unbelievable but not really surprising eh.

  2. Any effect of a Director of Football, will only come to light next Janruary at the earliest, and more probably at the end of next season.
    If they appoint someone tomorrow, he will not have much input on who to buy, because Moyes will have already been scouting his own possibilities during the last 6 months.

  3. Hopefully he’ll get a contract for 2 years , given the fact that we will definitely be in a transitional period at the club ….since he’s been with us he’s stabilised the club and hopefully he’ll be given the monies necessary to rebuild the squad as he sees fit also his back room staff seem to putting in alot of hard work too……given this and the numerous players that are being developed in the reserves and under 23s the future doesn’t look as bleak as it did 8 weeks ago …..it’ll take a few seasons but I truly believe Mr Moyes is the right man for the job …plus this is probably going to be his swansong as a manager so he’ll definitely want to leave a lasting legacy ….but as ever money will be a deciding factor…. if he’s not given assurances over future transfer monies he’d be silly to take on such a volatile position where he’d be doomed to fail ….

  4. One slight flaw in your post there Hammerintheblood, i wouldn’t call the club stabilised at the moment. The team seem to be more focused and have a stiffer & more disciplined training regime running now under DM and his coaching staff but to say we are stabilised?? Not sure about that one.
    Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton & possibly Liverpool are about the only stable clubs in the league at the moment. It depends on what you define as stable but if it means a good board who backs their manager financially & morally? A manager who has been around for a while and will be around for a while more? A team that doesn’t have any prima donnas wanting to change the world? I can’t think of many more than those mentioned and i certainly wouldn’t call our club stable!!

  5. We don’t have a reserve side

Comments are closed.