By Hughie Southon
West Ham are set to lift around 16 million euros should they lift the Euro Conference trophy,
Having won all their group matches, winning the league and reaching the last sixteen has set them well on their way to a bumper pay out.
And the financial reward from Uefa of course don’t take account of the ticket money the club will have grossed from their matches so far.
Prize money is calculated round by round on the basis show here:
- Eliminated in 1st qualifying round – €150,000
- Eliminated in 2nd qualifying round – €350,000
- Eliminated in 3rd qualifying round – €550,000
- Eliminated in Playoff round – €750,000
- Qualified to Group Stage – €2,940,000
- Match won in Group Stage – €500,000
- Match drawn in Group Stage – €166,000
- Finishing 1st in Group Stage – €650,000
- Finishing 2nd in Group Stage – €325,000
- Playing in round of 32 – €300,000
- Playing in round of 16 – €600,000
- Playing in quarter-final – €1,000,000
- Playing in semi-final – €2,000,000
- Losing final – €3,000,000
- Winning final – €5,000,000
It’s been a great run in Europe ten wins in a row. I’m really enjoying the European nights. I think we can win the trophy. Great game last night. I enjoyed Lanzini and formals switching the ten role between them during the game. If you’re going to play Fornals who is a big of a headless chicken at times it’s probably best to play him in a central attacking midfield role where he can press and Harry the opposition rushing around like an eager spaniel chasing the ball as he does. I liked the way fornals and Lanzini took it turns to switch between the wings and the attacking midfield position it was really effective. It was a great game loads of positives. Great to see more youngsters getting to play at exactly the right time when the team is winning easily and there is no pressure on them. Happy days.