Whispers

Hammers increased Fernandes bid – details confirmed | West Ham Transfer News

Image for Hammers increased Fernandes bid – details confirmed | West Ham Transfer News

West Ham seem like moths to a flame with their latest transfer window interest in Mateus Fernandes. They just cannot keep away, and even though it seems they don’t have the funds, they keep bidding. Southampton’s hugely talented midfield Portugal u21 international had been the subject of a rejected bid last week (apparently £30 million including add-ons),which seemed to be an end of the matter as the Irons walked away.

Following their trouncing at the hands of newly promoted Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday, the alarm bells have been ringing and  Sullivan has been wringing the last few pounds from his transfer fund: There’s another bid confirmed today by journalist Guardian Jacob Steinberg.

Reported this afternoon by givemesport.com it is evident that the Hammers new bid is £32 million pounds including add-ons.  A paltry two million increase from their last bid which was rejected out of hand.

As givemesport agree:”Southampton Will Not Sell Mateus Fernandes at That Price”.

No seasoned West Ham fan will be surprised by Sullivan’s continued efforts to low-ball despite the disastrous on-field performance at the weekend. If I were Southampton’s DOF I would be putting the price up every time another low offer gets transmitted. It really does seem as though the Hammers are intent on achieving exactly what they did on the pitch on Saturday.

Absolutely nothing.

Share this article

From the old Bobby Moore Upper to the Billy Bonds' stand these days - sometimes- have to admit I have not renewed my season ticket... I've been watching since '03 and a supporter since about 1970..
Favourite player - Dean Ashton: Still watch YouTube repeats of the Cup Final of 2006 hoping in vain that Shaka Hislop grows six inches and stops Steven Gerrard's injury time equaliser. Can tell I'm getting old knowing I saw both Mark Noble's debut and his last game at West Ham.
Pulling on a Claret and Blue replica shirt still makes me feel the same butterflies as when I was seven years old. Magic.

24 comments

  • Evan says:

    Simple if we want him offer 40 million and JWP in exchange. JWP goes back to the club he loves and plays well at, and we get an exciting prospect.

  • Terry says:

    Maybe the grand plan is to get relegated,and then Sullivan sells up and we can regroup with a football minded board rather than a market trader

  • Sue says:

    If our directors are serious about Fernandes they need to get the deal done a.s.a.p
    Or are they waiting for someone to beat us to it
    Deals are happening so rapidly that if they don’t pay the money wanted we will miss out yet again
    Or is this just another player we have no intention of buying
    Please get him in and give us fans a little hope and something to help put a smile on our faces to sign a young, good player for a change

  • mark wiggins says:

    OMG Martin , Sullivan must be having a laugh I was expecting something like 35-37 million . No wonder we don’t get players , what can I say.

  • West Ham Fan No 32 says:

    No one here knows what Southampton would say or even if this bid is £32m or previous was £30m if that is genuine. Only way we will find out is by pulling in a bid.

  • Ray says:

    Perhaps you are starting to see why I asked earlier in the year if it was plausible that somebody is hell bent on destroying the club? If not destroying, at least setting them back a number of years. Nothing about what the owners and management team do makes sense to us, so what do we not know? Are we all really that dumb? The other teams must look forward to the West Ham pantomime every summer.as much as we hate it. As others have already said, after 60 plus years it is all getting too much.

    • Spyinthesky says:

      It only makes sense if you see West Ham as a badly run business looking for a mythical legacy fulfilling re development opportunity with a football club attached the importance of which only exists in enabling that opportunity to eventually come to fruition. Even then it’s not easy to really fathom.

  • Galleywood Hammer says:

    standing by for usual “we tried” comment from Sully or Brady…FFS Mick & Keef ran a better business in Stella Street than this mob….

    • Spyinthesky says:

      Already had it from Brady on Talksport “it’s difficult to get players over the line” a day after Nottingham Forest got 3 over the line in a few days. To think a year ago they were relegation favourites and many were claiming we ‘won’ the transfer window.

  • MJ says:

    I’m going to try Sullivans transfer tactics. I need to sort out another car for my son, I’m going to pop down to the Ferrari showroom and offer them his battered Feista in part exchange, when they reject it I’ll up the offer by throwing in a packet of chocolate hobnobs. If they tell me to do one at least I can tell my son I tried.

  • Mark J says:

    Oh it’s another Sullivan con. Bid under, then tell us all ‘we tried’ and we end up with no decent young new players. Embarrassing and appallingly complacent. I only hope that when we get relegated it hits Sullivan were it hurts the most. His Pocket & ego.

  • Neil Down Under says:

    Is the club really tethered by PSR?
    When other clubs around us don’t seems as hampered by them, and have quietly, and impressively, been getting their business done.
    It really does demonstrate a lack of professionalism by the club.
    An unwillingness to embrace the modern way of doing things.
    If Sullivan yearns for the days where club owners shared a cigar and whisky, while dissecting the careers of players. Buying and selling with a slap on the back and shake of a hand.
    Perhaps it’s time to retire.
    Say what you will about Steidten, he got deals across the line. Whether the players were his choice, the managers’, or the boards’. He got the deals done.

    • Jas B says:

      Honestly, a number of things do not add up when they say PSR rules…. DR sold, bought in players, sold Kudus… surely within these two transactions alone we’re well within the PSR rules?? Steidten – I didn’t think he did that bad tbf… Fulkrug, 3 stone lighter looks a better proposition, Guilherme – when given a run in the team looks decent, Kudus was Kudus, Alvarez rash with tackles, but I felt that most of this was frustration with JLo.. Pacqueta had his head in his own FA turmoil… so did he really do that bad? JwP and Guido not the best, Todibo seems a decent player, had injuries … The issue we have is that when we played Europe ‘regular’ we really didn’t seize the opportunity to attact the players we needed, it’s hurting us now and esp. as spuds honestly seem to be gathering a decent manager and players to boot !

  • BillyDWhizz says:

    To be honest, he’s worth nowhere near the money Southampton want for him. He’s certainly not tripled in value in only a season. A season that saw them – and him get relegated, coincidentally. Time to forget him and Soton and move on to more realistically priced players.

  • David Pope says:

    iDIOTS!!! Why couldn’t they offer £32 million pounds and 50p..????
    Ahhh.. crafty negotiating…that’ll be the next bid.

  • Essexiron42 says:

    Quite honestly nothing surprises me about yet another low ball bid from Sullivan and his complete incompetence handling transfers. Our club is stuck in the 90’s in terms of training facilities, transfer strategy, lack of DoF, analysts, coaching and management tactics. How can we get it so wrong year after year with the relationship with our supporters when the club charge ever increasing ticket prices to fund has beens and so called “free” transfers on obscene wages with multi year contracts yet this fiasco continues like groundhog day. West Ham will always be in my heart but there is only so much fans can take before we get fed up being taken for mugs. We have some of the most knowledgeable, loyal passionate fans in Europe, and I sense the atmosphere will quickly turn against Chelsea if we have still not made any quality signings and Potter gets it wrong again.

  • Ammers 66 says:

    Shambles of a club and going down. Be interesting see the fans reaction on Friday when we take another whopping from Chelsusa. Sullivan has ripped the heart out of this club and the Championship begins with a half full stadium.

  • E says:

    It is embarrassing isnt it….
    Does he think hes buying a house or something ? I know il increase this offer by 2 see what happens ???….what an absolute joke.
    We genuinely are the worst run club in all of football…..how we are in this position in the first place with the season started and no midfielders signed is an absolute joke initself….
    Run by clowns

  • Dudley Tyler says:

    The player wants to go. The big clubs have done their business. Most clubs don’t have a lot of spare money. Southampton needs to raise money. The window is winding down. Your idea is that we go in with a big, impressive bid? Despite all of the talk about others wanting him has anyone bid more than West Ham? It might be thirty-two million but there are likely some add ons as well.

  • Ian says:

    😂😂😂🤡

  • Dave W says:

    With Sullivan doing his best impression of Dell Boy, we won’t sign anyone that can make a positive impact. Getting 2 in and prising the cash from the bottom of Sullivans very deep pockets, is a job for the mission impossible team.

    • Julian Woodhouse says:

      He has never put in one penny of his own money but taken out £20 million in loan interest payments.

Comments are closed.