West Ham will play Rangers in a pre-season friendly, the club have confirmed.
Pre-season plans are continuing to take shape, with the Hammers preparing for another season in which they will play European football, after qualifying for the Europa Conference League.
The Scottish side, of course, reached the Europa League final last season and were ultimately beaten by RB Leipzig. Had the Irons won their semi-final, we could have seen an all-British showpiece final.
The fixture will take place at Ibrox, with David Moyes taking his side back to his home city of Glasgow.
West Ham haven’t visited Ibrox since 1979, when the Irons lost 3-2 in the Tennant Caledonian Cup.
As it stands, the Irons have six fixtures scheduled in pre-season. They are as follows:
- Servette v West Ham United, Stade de Genève, Friday 8 July, 6pm (local time)
- Ipswich Town v West Ham United, Portman Road, Tuesday 12 July, 7pm
- Boreham Wood v West Ham United, Meadow Park, Tuesday 12 July, 7pm
- Reading v West Ham United, Select Car Leasing Stadium, Saturday 16 July, 3pm
- Rangers v West Ham United, Ibrox Stadium, Tuesday 19 July, 7.45pm
- Luton Town v West Ham United, Kenilworth Road, Saturday 23 July, 3pm