web analytics

Hammers share in stadium catering profits

drinksWest Ham’s profit share of catering profits at the London Stadium is thought to have been limited to just £75,000 for the whole last season from total profits of £750,000. Stadium owners E20 are thought to have received £675,000 in catering profits for last season from West Ham football games.

Catering for the London Stadium is outsourced to American company Delaware North by French stadium operator London Stadium 185. The catering income from West Ham games for the first season in the former Olympic Stadium reached £6m so the profit margin after  Delaware North and LS185 took their cut was around 12.5%.

A Freedom of information request revealed that West Ham v Spurs generated a catering income of £301, 489 last season while West Ham v Bournemouth catering income reached £268,734.

Under West Ham’s concessionaire agreement the club share 30% of profits after the initial £500,000 with the remaining 70% going to stadium owners E20.

Start supporting Claret and Hugh today Claret & Hugh’s team of creators work with passion and pride to bring you the quality of content that keeps you coming back for more. Support for our creators, however big or small, will help us keep your Hammers content fresh, frequent and loyal to the club. £5 per month £10 per month £20 per month £50 per year

The £75,000 which the Hammers received is a fraction of the catering income they used to receive at the Boleyn Ground where they outsourced.

 

Click Here for Comments >
 

About Sean Whetstone

I am Season Ticket Holder in West stand lower at the London Stadium and before that, I used to stand in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower Row R seat 159 in the Boleyn Ground and in the Eighties I stood on the terraces of the old South Bank. I am a presenter on the West Ham Podcast called MooreThanJustaPodcast.co.uk. A Blogger on WestHamTillIdie.com a member of the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board (SAB), Founder of a Youtube channel called Mr West Ham Football at http://www.youtube.com/MrWestHamFootball, I am also the associate editor here at Claret and Hugh. Life Long singer of bubbles! Come on you Irons! Follow me at @Westhamfootball on twitter