Goals from Emily Van Egmond (4), Kenza Dali, Gilly Flaherty, Katarina Svitkova, Nor Mustafa, Cecilie Redisch, Kate Longhurst and Anouk Denton ensured the Hammers progressed to the next stage of the competition with a professional display.

Olli Harder’s side will now travel to Manchester City in the next round for a tie that’s currently scheduled to take place on Sunday 16 May.

West Ham United were ahead after just two minutes in east London. The visitors failed to clear Katarina Svitkova’s arcing cross that fell to Maz Pacheco to volley goalward. The defender’s strike cannoned off the arm of a Chichester & Selsey defender and the referee duly pointed to the spot.

Emily Van Egmond stepped up and tucked the resulting spot-kick underneath Izzy Foster to give the Hammers an early advantage.

Just four minutes later Van Egmond got her second of the afternoon. The Australian international reacted quickest to Maisy Barker’s cross and prodded beyond Foster to make it 2-0.

Despite their best efforts the visitors were failing to cope with the swathes of pressure being applied by the hosts.

The Hammers had a spectacular third inside ten minutes. Kenza Dali picked up the ball deep in midfield and drove at the heart of the Chichester & Selsey defence. The French midfielder slipped past two defenders and fired low into the corner to give Olli Harder’s side a commanding lead.

Emily Van Egmond made it four shortly before the 20th minute. The forward completed her hat-trick with a simple finish into an empty net after Maisy Barker had found her, once more with a deep cross to the back post.

Van Egmond, however, wasn’t finished and added her fourth and the Irons fifth at the midway point of the first period. The striker climbing highest to meet a Katerina Svitkova cross and head beyond Foster.

The flow of the game wasn’t threatening to change, and the Irons captain Gilly Flaherty got her name on the scoresheet next. A whipped corner from Svitkova evaded the Chichester and Selsey defence and Flaherty was on hand to nod home and make it six.

Mere moments before the break, Svitkova turned from provider to goal scorer, adding a seventh for West Ham United Women. The reigning Czech Footballer of the Year jinked inside two Chichester & Selsey defenders and drilled her left-footed shot past Foster.

Women’s manager Olli Harder turned to the substitutes bench when the two sides emerged from half-time.

Nor Mustafa, Kate Longhurst and Jaynae Beaufort were all introduced in place of the first-half scorers, Dali, Van Egmond and Svitkova.

Mustafa was quickly in amongst the action and added an eighth as the game approached the hour mark. The Swedish striker was rather fortuitously in the right place at the right time as Amber Howden attempted to hack clear. The swiped clearance flicked off Mustafa’s head and looped over a helpless Foster into the net.

As the second period wore on the visitors dropped deeper and deeper as they looked to avoid conceding further.

Issy Foster in the Chichester goal produced a number of outstanding stops in the east London sunshine, but she was no match for Cecilie Redisch’s stinging strike that made it 9-0.

With a little less than ten minutes left on the clock, the Irons got their tenth. Mustafa was cruelly felled by Howden as she looked to pull the trigger inside the box. Referee Sarah Garrett pointed to the spot for the second time and Kate Longhurst converted

The loudest cheers of the afternoon were reserved for Anouk Denton who got herself in on the act with the eleventh goal at the Chigwell Construction Stadium.

West Ham United: Ramsey (GK), Flaherty ©, Fisk, Cissoko, Barker, Denton, Vetterlein (Arnold 68’), Pacheco (Redisch 60’), Van Egmond (Beaufort 46’), Dali (Longhurst 46’), Svitkova (Mustafa 46’)