London Stadium question splits West Ham fans


SeatsWest Ham Chairman David said on Wednesday: “I think the majority of fans are happy with the Stadium given the alternatives and if all goes to plan it will be the biggest in London. dg”

On the back on Mr Gold’s statement, Claret and Hugh ran a poll  yesterday to ask West Ham supporters the very simple question.  Are you happy with the London Stadium?

With 1,500 voting to make it statistically significant 56% agreed with the chairman to confirm they were happy with the London Stadium leaving  44% to register their unhappiness.

It proves the Chairman was right to claim the majority fans are happy with the stadium but unfortunately it also highlights the massive split between fans who are unhappy with their their new home.

Full results of poll.  Number of votes 1,498. Happy 56% (840 votes)  Not Happy 44% (660 votes)

Share this article

I am Season Ticket Holder in West stand lower at the London Stadium and before that, I used to stand in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower Row R seat 159 in the Boleyn Ground and in the Eighties I stood on the terraces of the old South Bank. I am a presenter on the West Ham Podcast called A Blogger on a member of the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board (SAB), Founder of a Youtube channel called Mr West Ham Football at,

I am also the associate editor here at Claret and Hugh.

Life Long singer of bubbles! Come on you Irons!

Follow me at @Westhamfootball on twitter


  • John says:

    Personally I reckon G&S will be happy with 60/40 in favour. We have always said it will take time and I’d guess within a year or two that will increase to 70/30. The haters will gradually get tired of complaining or slip away completely and will be replaced with a new generation who only know the LS. It’s called change and everything and everyone goes through it. Is the LS perfect? No. Was Upton Park perfect? No.

  • John says:

    I’ll bet Arsenal fans are no better than 70/30 even now come to think of it.

  • Stan The Man says:

    I doubt i will be around in 10 or 20 years but this will soon be forgotten as new generations of fans take over from us infirm buggers.
    The club has been and will be around for a lot longer than us and there will always be a strong fanbase supporting us.There always has been,always will be.
    I understand some fans cannot take it all in but listen the Upton Park some fans loved and worshipped was also nothing like the one i knew before their time.
    Some fans who kick up such a stink about the move who have been going for 10-20 years aint got a clue what the old Upton Park was,it was nothing like the one we left behind last May!

Comments are closed.