web analytics

Majority believe top seven is a step too far

The majority of Claret and Hugh readers believe Manuel Pellegrini will struggle to make the top seven this coming season.

With over 1,705 voting in our poll nearly 58% said they did not believe the Hammers will make the top seven with the remaining 42% saying they could.

Many of them voting No suggested it was slightly too early to say depending on the incoming or outgoing of players in the transfer window and it was dependent who starts on the 10th August.

Manuel Pellegrini finished in tenth position in his first season in charge even though a seventh-place finish seemed in his grasp at several points during the season.

Ultimately Pellegrini is ambitious and wants to push for a top-six position during his tenure at West Ham but is pragmatic enough to understand a seventh place might be the only realistic target with the funds and resources at his disposal.

Bookies Sky Bet 8/1 for a top six finish while Betway are offering 16/1. They are 5/4 to finish in the top ten, a market you might want to include in a Round robin bet, 500/1 to win the Premier League and 12/1 to be relegated.

Click Here for Comments >

About Sean Whetstone

I am Season Ticket Holder in West stand lower at the London Stadium and before that, I used to stand in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower Row R seat 159 in the Boleyn Ground and in the Eighties I stood on the terraces of the old South Bank. I am a presenter on the West Ham Podcast called MooreThanJustaPodcast.co.uk. A Blogger on WestHamTillIdie.com a member of the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board (SAB), Founder of a Youtube channel called Mr West Ham Football at http://www.youtube.com/MrWestHamFootball, I am also the associate editor here at Claret and Hugh. Life Long singer of bubbles! Come on you Irons! Follow me at @Westhamfootball on twitter

2 comments on “Majority believe top seven is a step too far

  1. If we can sort out the inconsistency & injuries next season we can match any side in & around top 6/7. We showed at times how good we can be, if it wasn’t for the above we would have been there this season.

  2. I was one of the ‘no’ voters, and I think we will struggle to get in the Top Ten. But if we do I would see that as a step forward. I reckon the PL is going to be a tougher competition next season. I take Iron Man’s point about injuries & inconsistency, but in the end we nearly ended last season several places lower. To finish 2019/20 ahead of any of Leicester, Watford or Wolves will not be easy & there will probably be one or two challengers for a place in the top half who finished below us this time. I am hoping we can do it, but it won’t be easy.

Comments are closed.