West Ham have already shown that they know how to negotiate the free agent market!
The Hammers secured the veteran Patrice Evra from Marseille earlier this week, the defender bolstering David Moyes’ options at full-back.
However, we’re in desperate need of signing a midfielder, with Moyes’ options paper thin.
Mark Noble and Joao Mario are the current central midfielders, but Pedro Obiang, Edimilson Fernandes and Manuel Lanzini all injured.
C&H have taken a look at the free agents list for some ‘inspiration’, and have come up with a bargain bin top 10 that is sure to set eyes rolling!
- Jeremy Toulalan – Just 34, lost in France.
- Jan Kirchoff – Went down with Sunderland. Unable to keep a job.
- Alex Song – Remember him?
- Antonio Nocerino – Played 10 games for the Hammers in 2014.
- Samir Nasri – A bad boy at Arsenal. Now a bad boy without a club.
- Kris Commons – Won five SPL titles at Celtic. Now free of a club.
- Kagisho Dikgacoi – Formerly of Cardiff City and Crystal Palace.
- Anderson – Won the Premier League with Manchester United. Now more fat than fit.
- Abou Diaby – Forever injured!
- Mark Davies – Ex-Bolton and Wolves, Davies has over 80 Premier League appearances to his name.