Sam Allardyce has finally admitted Diafra Sakho’s back injury was down to the Senegal national team after both the striker and Cheikhou Kouyate were named as part of the provisional provisional 28-man Senegal squad for next month’s African Nations Cup Tournament..
ClaretandHugh was the only media outlet to break the news of our striker’s problems on a treatment table during his last international outing several weeks ago.
We had been told that the player had been suffering a mild back problem and that it was considerably worsened by treatment he’d received whilst away.
Allardyce – commenting a couple of weeks ago – said he was unable to give details for legal reasons but has finally confirmed our story just ahead of the player being selected for the Finals in Equatorial Guinea.
Explaining why neither Sakho or Alex Song started at Chelsea Allardyce said: Song did not start as he has just come back from injury and Sakho “has a back problem caused by the national Senegal team a few weeks ago that we are really annoyed about.”
Meanwhile striker Demba Ba reacted angrily to his exclusion from the squad.
The Besiktas striker was expected to be a shoe-in for next month’s tournament after scoring 16 goals in 19 appearances for his Turkish club this season.
In an angry outburst on Twitter he said he wants a detailed explanation for his omission from the provisional 28-man squad announced on Friday.
He said”I can’t wait to hear his (the coach’s) excuses and destroy them one by one.”