West Ham v Man City…surprise surprise


TheĀ  computer has spoken.

It is not the best of news regarding the Premier League champions visit to the London Stadium on Saturday.

That in itself is a bit of an oddity -a 3pm kick off on Saturday, whatever will they think of next !

The analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a (surprise, surprise )Manchester City win with a probability of 56.52%. A draw has a probability of 22.7% and a win for West Ham United has a probability of 20.77%.

The most likely scoreline for a Manchester City win is 0-1 with a probability of 10.51%. The next most likely score lines for that outcome are 1-2 (9.89%) and 0-2 (9.67%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (10.74%), while for a West Ham United win it is 1-0 (5.84%).

If you believe the the computer it looks like our first defeat of the season is looming.

But enough of all this nay-saying, we are playing well and we seem to be getting the rub of the green and at the final whistle…who knows?

Share this article

Hugh Southon is a lifelong Iron and the founding editor of ClaretandHugh. He is a national newspaper journalist of many years experience and was Bobby Moore's 'ghost' writer during the great man's lifetime. He describes ClaretandHugh as "the Hammers daily newspaper!"

Follow on Twitter @hughsouthon