Mark Arnautovic has responded on social media with a two-word answer but I am not sure anyone is any the wiser with his reply.
Instagram user West Ham United Now posted a comment saying: “With all due respect to Arnie, he hasn’t achieved much in his career. So is he looking for a bumper contract deal at West Ham or is he genuinely trying to be ambitious? According to the West Ham insider ExWHUemployee, the interest of signing Samir Nasri has well and truly threw a spanner in the works. He’s unfit, overweight and hasn’t played football in over a year but the club are still willing to offer the Frenchman £80,000-a-week from the original £100,000 that he demanded. I would rather us not sign Samir Nasri if that means that we’ll lose Marko Arnautovic in the process. We also need to offer Declan Rice a contract that he deserves before it’s too late!”
Arnie replied with a Cross Hammers emoji and the words “enough answer”
What that means no-one seems to know! Answers on a postcard please!
Manuel Pellegrini was pleased with the way his side performed in their 2-1 friendly victory over Brentford on Thursday.
The two sides clashed in a behind-closed-doors friendly, with goals from Robert Snodgrass and Javier Hernandez handing the Irons the win.
Nevertheless, the Championship side worked the Irons hard, and Pellegrini was pleased with the run-out.
He told the club’s official website: “It’s a good match for the boys and particularly for the players who are maybe not playing in every game.
“It was a very useful game because we played well, we played with intensity and so it was all OK.”
Andy Carroll returned to action as a second-half substitute, and Pellegrini was happy to see him on the pitch once again.
“For Andy Carroll, for Lucas Perez, for Angelo Ogbonna, they all put in good performances,” he added.
“At this moment we don’t have space for them in the [Premier League] starting XI, but they worked very hard today.”
He added: “It was good to see Andy play 45 minutes without any problems and he is always a player who, when he comes on the pitch, gives different things, so I hope he can stay fit from now until the end of the season.
In a surprise result, nearly 56% of West Ham supporters say they are happy with the progress the Hammers have made this season despite picking up just 12 points from 12 Premier League games.
In a Claret and Hugh poll of 1,500 readers, 839 (55.93%) said they were happy with the progress made by Manuel Pellegrini and his £100m of new summer recruits with almost a third of the season gone. In contrast, 661 (44.07%) of supporters disagreed with the statement saying they weren’t impressed with the progress so far by the Chilean manager who signed a three-year contract with the Irons last summer.
Back in August before the Premier League season kicked off, less than 5% of a Claret and Hugh poll believed the Hammers could finish in the top eight while 18% said West Ham could finish in the top ten, over 20% said top twelve and another 22% said top fourteen for the Irons.
Manuel Pellegrini seems to have the backing of the majority of West Ham supporters that he doing a good job.
West Ham today made history with the first live streaming of a Court of Appeal hearing which was part of a pilot for a new service designed to increase public access and awareness to the court’s work. Online viewers watched via a Youtube live stream as three senior judges heard an appeal on Thursday in the latest stage of West Ham United’s legal battle with E20 Stadium LLP. The club is embroiled in a long-running legal dispute with E20 over the seating capacity for home games at the London Stadium.
The case was heard by Master of the Rolls Sir Terence Etherton, Mr Justice Lewison and Mrs Justice Asplin.
The judges were being asked to rule on a preliminary issue of disclosure of documents by E20 ahead of the main trial which is due to start on Monday. A replay of the appeal court hearing screened earlier today can be watched below
Home Office figures published today reveal that they are 1,822 football banning orders in force representing a decrease of 6% from 1,929 last year.
This continues the downward trend seen in the number of football banning orders in force in the last 7 seasons, falling by 43% from 3,174 on 29 November 2011. Of the 1,822 football banning orders, a quarter (460) were new banning orders issued between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018. This is an 11% (-57) decrease in new banning orders imposed when compared with the previous season.
Newcastle had the highest number of banning orders with 79 for the fourth year in succession, with West Ham in fourth place on that list with 52 (down from third last year with 57).
West Ham leads the Premier League arrest table with 46 arrests last season followed by Manchester United with 40 and Arsenal with 3o.
Manchester City had 26 supporters arrested, while Everton had 25, Burnley and Leicester City both had 21 while Chelsea and Crystal Palace both had 20 fans nicked each.