As well as the prize of Europa League football, £30,000 has been awarded to West Ham for finishing top of the Fair Play Table.
The money from the Premier League Fair Play Prize Fund can be used to support one or more of the following:
- Initiatives to enhance a positive atmosphere in stadiums
- A donation to a charity of the club’s choice
- Initiatives of direct benefit to supporters
- Support of a club’s or a club charitable trust’s community football programme
- Support of the development of young players in the club’s academy.
West Ham finished top of the Fair Play League on 1,262 points, 11 ahead of second place Liverpool who qualified for Europa by finishing sixth. Man City finished in 3rd place 14 points behind West Ham while Everton finished fourth place on 1,240, 22 points behind the Hammers.
West Ham become the fourth Premier League team in next season’s UEFA Europa League. Spur’s fifth-placed finish earned them a spot in the group stages, while Liverpool will enter in the group stages too if Arsenal beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup final on Saturday. In such a scenario, Southampton, who finished seventh, will enter in the third qualifying round. If Villa beat Arsenal they will go into the group stages and Liverpool will start in the third quailfying round.