Aston Villa have made their first move for Robert Snodgrass just a week after the club’s owner dismissed the widely reported speculation as a “made up rumour.”
But tonight we have learned that Villa supremo Dr Tony Xia ha made his interest known to the Irons but wants a wage sharing season-long deal.
The ‘Snodgrass for Villa’ saga started on August 9 when ourselves and virtually every media outlet reported an interest.
Hoever a seemingly outraged Xia came out 24 hours later on Twitter claiming that neither Snodgrass or Jordan Rhodes were on the club’s target list and that such stories weere “made up rumours.”
Things then went quiet as we reported soon after but today Villa made their move and we have learned they are keen to do a 50/50 wage sharing deal on the player’s £60k a week peronal terms.
The Hammers are keen to offload the £8 million January signing and are certain to do some sort of deal for a player who was excluded from the squad which lost to Manchester United last weekend.
But the club takes the view that Villa should pay at least 60 per cent of his wages and the Hammers will also want payments should the midlands outfit be promoted or Snodgrass helps them avoind relegation.
Manager Steve Bruce has turned to his former Hull City player after collecting just one point from his first three games.
Lanzini celebrates after scoring AGAINST Liverpool
Slaven Bilic has no fears whatsoever that Liverpool will be moving in on Manu Lanzini.
A conspiracy theory that the midfield playmaker has been held back from West Ham action to ensure he won’t become injured ahead of Liverpool move has been rubbished by the boss’ latest comments on the Argentine’s position.
He said: “I said it last week before the Manchester United game – I speak to Manu every day.
“He’s very happy and really feels at home here. He feels wanted.
“You can see it, how he’s smiling.
“He broke into the national team with Argentina, he knows ‘if I’m playing here and have a good season with West Ham, I’ll have that chance’.”
Manu is set for a return to the team against Newcastle on Tyneside next weekend according to the boss.
Slaven Bilic has delivered a happy confirmation that Michail Antonio is back for the game against Saints this weekend.
Speaking at his pre-match presser he said: “He has been with us for two-and-a-half weeks now. He did 90 minutes on a big pitch in the Under-23s and then he came back to train with us and he looks good and he looks ready.”
However, the game has come a week too soon for Cheikhou Kouyate and Andy Carroll but both are back in full training and set for a return at Newcastle next weekend.
The manager said: ““On Wednesday, Cheikhou and Andy started to train with us, so they have done a couple of sessions.
“We are going to see with them because both of them, especially Andy, had a long lay-off. Andy was out since April and Cheikhou had a few weeks off, as his injury basically happened in our first pre-season training session in Austria.”
And he said Manu Lanzini (pictured above) is training individually adding: “He is joining us on Monday, so we are going to have a full squad back for the Newcastle game.
“We will have Mikey back 100 per cent for this game [at Southampton], but for Cheikhou and for Andy, it’s a bit too early, I think.”
Sporting Lisbon are getting “greedier and greedier” with the Irons over the possible switch of William Carvahlo to the London Stadium.
But after reports this morning from Sky Sports that the Portuguese club refused to budge from the 40 million euros buy out figure a Hammers source claimed the two sides were still talking.
Earlier reports that the player would be in London this week have been proved conclusively false as CandH reported at the time and the latest word is talks may go right down to deadline day.
We were told by a top Hammers insider a few minutes ago: “Sporting Lisbon are getting greedier and greedier but the talks are continuing and at the moment the transfer of William Carvahlo is at 50/50.”
The Portugal international is believed to have agreed a five year deal with the Irons on wages of approaching £60k a week -a £24k rise on his current deal.
But the Hammers – having had an offer of 32 million euros plus add ons offer rejected – continue to try finding a way forward despite claiming that was their final offer.
West Ham Vice Chairman Karren Brady appeared on Sky Sports Premier League The Debate last night.
Brady and former Hammer Craig Bellamy joined Geoff Shreeves on Wednesday night to discuss the future of the transfer window, problem players and more.
Brady spoke about why she and her club are backing proposals to close the transfer window in England before the start of the Premier League season. Brady says 17 Premier League clubs have been “broadly in favour” of changes to transfer window. She also had her say on competing with the likes of Manchester City in the transfer market.
They also discussed the issue of who should have the final say over player signings – the manager or the board? – and they discussed how problem players such as Dimitri Payet should be handled.
Brady and Bellamy also debated whether the Premier League needs a home-grown players quota and answered social media questions.
West Ham new boy Sead Haksabanovic has his eyes on a first team place ….and as soon as possible.
The 3 million euros signing was in great form during his first appearance against Swindon Town in the Checkatrade Trophy and said: “It felt good to be on the pitch in a West Ham shirt for the first time. The players were taking care of me well, and of course it felt good to win the first game.”
Speaking to the official site he said: “It was good to play against a senior team for my first game as well, because I have been playing against senior teams in Sweden. It’s a good experience to get in your first game.
“It was a tough match but we attacked well and I think we deserved to win the match.
“We took the lead three times and it was so important to keep attacking after the other team equalised. We were talking about winning the game before and we really felt that we could do it.”
After the encouraging display, the Montenegro international confirmed his sights have already been set on a spot in Slaven Bilic’s first team setup.
“I’m just focused on playing well for whatever team I am asked at the moment but yes, a first team spot is of course what I am hoping to achieve and hopefully that will come soon,” he continued.
London Stadium seating contractors Project 7 construction have published a video to show how the lower tier seats move from football mode to music concert mode.
The video shows seven rows of seats removed from the East stand before the West stand is pushed back section by section on air skates. The north and south lower stands are lifted and moved in modules by
The north and south lower stands are lifted and moved in modules by crane with the video proudly claiming 500 unique crane lift movements are required for the operation.
Possibly the most shocking fact of the whole video is the boast that it takes 32,000 man hours to achieve the full move.
On 1st February 2017 Stadium owners E20 signed a five-year contract with PHD Modular Access Services Ltd of which Project 7 construction is part of their group. Seating transition costs were previously said to £8m per year for football to music concert mode, music concert mode to athletics mode then Athletics mode to football mode.
Costs of the new contract have not been revealed but the quoted 32,000 hours at London Living Wage of £9.75 per hour would cost £312,000 per move so manpower would cost close to a million without the cost crane hire and associated costs factored in.
David Gold finds himself in “personal” approval with the Premier League’s proposal that the summer transfer window should close on the opening day of the new season.
The issue has been put on the agenda for the next meeting of Premier League chairmen on September 7 and sources close to the negotiations are confident that the vast majority of the 20 clubs will vote for the change.
And Gold believes that to preserve integrity of the League it needs to be passed without hesitation.
Although the Hammers have not stated their official position Gold was happy to give his view to Claret and Hugh exclusively declaring: “I’m a big supporter of the proposal.
“I can’t support a situation where somebody plays for us as the season starts but could well have joined another club by the end of August.
“The League is all about honesty and integrity and from our point of view I think that is entirely the right way to go. Some of the bigger clubs may not like it because it means they can’t compete with the big foreign teams who may well have an advantage over them.
“But I believe it’s the right way to go. Obviously we will discuss it as a board before the meeting on September 7 but for me personally it makes perfect sense.”