Paris Saint-Germain are ready to launch a rival bid to snatch West Ham play maker Dimitri Payet from under the noses of Marseille claimed the Sunday Expres yesterday.
The report claims PSG have had a long-term interest in Payet but signed German international Julian Draxler at the start of the month. PSG boss Unai Emery has placed a question mark over the future of injury hit Argentina international Javier Pastore and has said to have earmarked Payet as his replacement.
The Express says Payet’s fee and wages wouldn’t be a problem for PSG’s owners Qatar Sports Investments and would provide a more acceptable alternative to Marseille.
The story adds that Payet has already turned down at least one offer from the Chinese Super League believed to be from Hebei China Fortune who were willing to pay him £26million a year in wages.
Yesterday, a top Hammers ClaretandHugh source quickly poured cold water over a story involving a similar story of a bid from Nice and made it clear there has been no approach or communication with any other Ligue 1 club.
He said: “It would suit us for other clubs to come in on whatever basis but I can assure you this is not the case and the truth is that Nice do not have serious money available. The deal is exactly where it was with offers from Marseilles having been turned down because they do not measure up to our valuation.”
West Ham have yet to reveal their financial accounts for last season and look likely to run right to the maximum deadline of 28th February this year before their financial secrets are revealed. Their financial accounts were released early on 4th November in 2015 and 29th December in 2014 but it appears they will delay the release of their company accounts to companies house to the very last possible moment this year.
The significant of this year’s accounts is a number of revelations about leaving Green street and moving to Stratford. They will reveal how much they sold the Boleyn Ground for (rumoured to be £38m) how much they spent on the London Stadium in addition to their £15m up front fee. They spent half a million on Claret and Blue seats and are thought to have spent another £7.5m on the club store fit out and WestHamification of the former Olympic Stadium. External bank debts were paid off last summer as the loans were mortgaged against the Boleyn Ground stadium.
Turnover of match receipts, retail and commercial are also likely to show significant grown both because it was the last season at the Boleyn Ground and also in terms of cash as they took from season ticket deposits early for the London Stadium.
Despite these numbers the West Ham holding company accounts are rumoured to show the Hammers made an overall loss last season of £5m.
In August last year Chairman’s son tweeted “Debt is still £90/£100m, if things go according to plan we can pay it off within 3 years, This is because most of the income transfers, wages and agents. The pound fall against the Euro and dollar has cost us several million pounds on what we owe on transfers from foreign clubs as we and all clubs pay over 24/36 months. The OS brings in £12m more than Upton Park due to family affordable football. We sold Upton Park for £38m, £15m was contribution towards conversion of OS, £8m for building out the shell of shop, offices, making the stadium have the look and feel of WHU (seats/signs etc) £5m covered the loss of season 2015/2016. £11m went towards debt”
When we asked a club’s spokesman about the imminent release of the company accounts we were told: “I can confirm we will file accounts by the end of February in line with statutory requirements.”
Dimitri Payet has again upset the club and Hammers everywhere with an alleged walk-out from training at Chadwell Heath this afternoon following late arrivals to the Under 23s squad yesterday and today.
And our partners Hammers Chat will be discussing the incident in a live show which goes out at 8.30pm.
Gonzo has been in touch with ClaretandHugh explaining that the Frenchman had arrived late for training at Chadwell Heath yesterday (Sat) and again today.
He said: “We have it on good authority that he turned up at Chadwell Heath today half an hour late and then walked off the pitch after about 40 minutes, got into his car and drove off.”
Gonzo and Geo will be discussing the entire Payet affair along with the signing of Jose Fonte and much else in the show which goes out in just under an hour.
It is essential viewing for every Hammers fan…don’t miss it.
David Sullivan has sent a big message to manager Slaven Bilic in his latest ‘From the Boardroom’ column on the official site.
Following the brilliant victory over Middlesbrough he said:” Like you, I was a very proud West Ham United fan at the Riverside Stadium.
Not only did the team win for the fifth time in seven Premier League matches, continuing our fantastic recent form, but they did so as a team.
Slaven has really got the team playing for one another and I am pleased for him, for the players and most of all for the fans.
The whole team played well, both defensively and in attack, and we could have scored more than the three goals we did against one of the Premier League’s best defences.
We are now in the top half and just a few points behind Everton in seventh. Our recent run means we are looking up rather than down and I hope we can ensure that is the case for the rest of the season.
The supporters were absolutely magnificent, as ever, and I want to thank every single one of you for travelling such a long way to cheer the team on.”
Brentford director Phil Giles raged after West Ham target Scott Hogan received phone calls regarding his future on the eve of Brentford’s last TWO games. The Bees’ co-director of football made it clear that he was NOT criticising the 24-year-old striker and understood that it would impact on Hogan’s preparation. The Bees have rejected multiple bids from more than one club.
He raged against the agents in the game who have interfered in head coach Dean Smith’s match preparations with Brentford losing 2-1 against Newcastle and Wigan respectively.
Giles explained: “Before the Newcastle game, Scott was meant to be involved. On Friday night, he got a call saying a club were going to make a bid. It’ll be done on Saturday night. He’s completely distracted. It’s not his fault. He’s completely distracted – it’s not his fault but his focus is not on the game anymore. This week, he trains all week. He had a slightly tight hamstring. He was going to be involved – the same thing last night happened.”
“He got a call saying there were things moving and he got a call and I got a call. No criticism of Scott. He wants to play and needs to play. It’s unfair on him and Dean who is trying to make plans for the game today. The whole thing is completely out of control. The whole system needs looking at. All clubs are getting affected by this.”
He added: “Agents are making the calls telling him you’re going to get a big move, it’s your big chance. Of course, he’s going to get distracted by that. No criticism of him whatsoever. We support him and he wants to play and I support Dean and the way he deals with it. The whole system is completely crazy. He was meant to be involved today and then he gets a phone call. It changes our plans completely.The whole thing is ridiculous. We’re looking ahead to next week – what are we going to do then? We want to pick our best players. We’re paying our best players to play a big game.”
West Ham are thought to have made a offer of £9m for Hogan with £4.5m of potential add ons. The deal is thought to have been agreed in principle but the West Ham board are still awaiting final approval from Slaven Bilic.