web analytics
4 Comments

Confusing conflicting claims over Matty Cash bid

West Ham manager David Moyes has denied there had been a formal £12m bid for Nottingham Forst player Matty Cash.

Asked about the player about reporters yesterday the Gaffer said: “It’s my understanding that we didn’t make a £12m bid for Matty Cash, we made some enquiries, as far as I know, we didn’t make any offer.”

Claret and Hugh have been told by multiple sources that a bid was submitted and rejected for the 22-year-old earlier this week leaving a mystery of whether they were lying, the manager is being economical with the truth or the fact he was not told about the bid in the first place.

The manager’s denial comes after the bid was widely reported by the media citing sources closes to both sides and agents, it begs the question who is in charge of the West Ham recruitment policy during the winter transfer window.

Earlier this week Moyes put cold water on Payet rumours by saying “The newspapers seem to think so but I’ve got to say it’s never been mentioned inside the walls here at any time, If it has then it hasn’t been mentioned in my department, that’s for sure.”

About Sean Whetstone

I am Season Ticket Holder in West stand lower at the London Stadium and before that, I used to stand in the Sir Trevor Brooking Lower Row R seat 159 in the Boleyn Ground and in the Eighties I stood on the terraces of the old South Bank. I am a presenter on the West Ham Podcast called MooreThanJustaPodcast.co.uk. A Blogger on WestHamTillIdie.com a member of the West Ham Supporters Advisory Board (SAB), Founder of a Youtube channel called Mr West Ham Football at http://www.youtube.com/MrWestHamFootball, I am also the associate editor here at Claret and Hugh. Life Long singer of bubbles! Come on you Irons! Follow me at @Westhamfootball on twitter
 

4 comments on “Confusing conflicting claims over Matty Cash bid

  1. Matty Cash 100% fits the player profile and position that we are desperate to fill. It reads to me like the player was identified by the manager but the chairmen are not prepared to pay the going rate……… If the money quoted is correct, it isn’t an unreasonable fee.
    Maybe the West Ham job looked more attractive than the true reality. If Moyes had a time machine he would’ve hoped in it a few weeks back.
    IF the Chairmen truly wanted to get us out of this hole of their making, they would BACK the manager instead of going down to the wire and making Pathetic excuses to supporters. They are a Disgrace!

  2. I’ve watched him a few times no better than Fredericks if you ask me…

  3. I have no opinion on how good he is but find it very concerning wouldn’t know if his club had bid on a player.

  4. Not seen hi play either, but not sure that rescuing this shambles is a job for a 22 year old. Even though the owners dithered their way through November & December you would have thought somebody was drawing up a list of transfer targets. Did the owners not even consider the possibility that they might have to replace a manager who was obviously struggling? Even if he had stayed would they not have expected to bring players in. I am never too sure about listening to journos making the most f a good story (thinking about the Sunday Supllenent stuff) but the evidence of total mismanagement at the club is growing by the day.

    I notice Newcastle are reported to be offering themselves up to the Saudi royal family for £340m. Another club moving beyond us. Who was it said on here that there was no market for PL teams any more?

Comments are closed.