The Times today has reported that FIFA has demanded that West Ham pay Frankfurt after the players’ status committee ruled.
The report says: “Fifa has ordered West Ham United to pay Eintracht Frankfurt £5.2 million after a dispute between the two clubs over money owed from the transfer of the striker Sébastien Haller. The latest instalment for the London club’s record £45 million signing was due on May 15 but was not paid, leading the German club to report the matter to football’s world governing body.
It is understood that Fifa’s Players’ Status Committee has ruled on the dispute in Eintracht’s favour and has ordered West Ham to make the payment for the striker, who has scored nine goals in 36 games since joining in July last year.
Sources close to West Ham said the delayed payment was not related to any cashflow problem caused by the coronavirus crisis but was connected to a contractual issue with Eintracht. West Ham should escape any sanction from Fifa if they pay the outstanding amount promptly and do not delay any further payments.
The club are in the process of making the payment.
Fifa’s rules state that “clubs are required to comply with their financial obligations towards players and other clubs as per the terms stipulated in the contracts signed with their professional players and in the transfer agreements”.
Any club found to have delayed a due payment for more than 30 days without an agreement “may be sanctioned”.
The range of sanctions can vary from a warning or reprimand and a fine up to, for repeat offences, a transfer ban.”
Club insiders insist that the latest Times report is no different from an article published by the Daily Telegraph 10 days ago and say nothing has changed since then.
It is thought that FIFA are yet to formalise the findings of their committee and West Ham has yet to pay the German club following a contractual dispute.
The club believes the matter will soon be settled and no sanction will be incurred by the Hammers.
With a total of 54,000 West Ham season ticket holders, the announcement suggests that over 47,500 renewed in one form or another.
That number is thought to include Club London members in corporate hospitality who already signed up for three years and any band 5 season tickets already on a two-year season ticket.
Over 6,500 have given up their London Stadium seats for good and their seats will be made available to others. The ticket office have announced they will not be selling any new season tickets for this coming season at this time.
With over one-third of the 47,500 choosing option three, it means over 16,500 will not be entered into the automatic ballot and are unlikely to attend any games this season.
That would leave around 31,000 season ticket holders who paid upfront with option one or two will now be entered into the ballot when games with supporters return.
Limited capacities were due to return in October with the Man City game on 24th October earmarked but that is now in doubt.
The London Stadium has 66,000 seats so if a 25 per capacity limit is introduced it would a mean a return of about 16,500 supporters giving season ticket holders a one in two chance of winning the ballot.
West Ham and Burnley are locked into a James Tarkowski stand-off with the Hammers claiming they have made a final £35 million offer which includes £5 million of add ons.
Burnley had placed a £50 million price tag on the central defender who missed the Carabao Cup clash against Sheffield United last night which the Clarets won via a penalty shoot-out.
The Clarets are waiting for what they believe may be a new final Hammers bid for the central defender but we understand the club has reached its limit.
That is the widely reported £30 million but includes another £5 million in add ons as is usually the case in such scenarios.
These can include the player featuring in a certain number of games and helping the club making certain positional and cup achievements.
The Hammers will be going no higher but Burney will hold out hope that they will make a new offer to clinch the deal, which puts the negotiations in what were described to CandH as a “standoff phase.”
We understand that whilst the Hammers hope Burnley pick up the ‘phone and say “ok that’s a deal” manager David Moyes continues to look at the loan market as a productive area should Tarkowski stay at Turf Moor as he looks also for full-backs.
West Ham’s board face the tensest six weeks of their ownership with the American consortium ready to mount a new hostile bid for the club given if things go entirely wrong during a hugely sent of difficult fixtures.
The Irons are off to Arsenal tomorrow and then take on Wolves (home), Leicester City (away), Spurs (away), Manchester City (home) and Liverpool (away) on the last day of October.
The Americans are reported to have made two bids of £300 million and £450 million and know it’s conceivable the club could have zero points by the end of next month.
And they know that would spark major fan protests on top of what we have already seen over Grady Diangana’s sale, giving them a real opportunity to ramp up huge pressure as they bid to take control should the club be in the bottom two or three.
They are playing a canny waiting game having made their intentions clear and have noted David Sullivan’s response to his Talksport mate Jim White when asked if he was going to sell.
The chief shareholder’s response was: “Not at the moment” – the first half hint that he may be ready to do so at some stage although he is privately denying it.
In the meantime, the Hammers will be desperate to bring in players but that’s unlikely to happen until much closer to the end of the window with David Moyes apparently uncertain of his major priorities beyond James Tarkowski.
And that in itself is likely to wind up fans even more as they look for him to fulfil his self proclaimed ambition of bringing in defenders.
James Tarkowski’s potential move to West Ham has taken another twist.
The London Evening Standard reports that Leicester City, who were interested in signing the defender last summer, have made a fresh enquiry as to the Burnley defender’s availability. The timing is interesting, as Tarkowski missed Burnley’s game against Sheffield United in the EFL Cup with a supposed toe injury.
The Foxes tabled a bid back then and are again interested in snapping up his signature.
West Ham have had a number of bids rejected for Tarkowski as they look to secure defensive reinforcements in this transfer window, the last of which totalled over £30m with add-ons included.
The report states that the defender is keen to leave Turf Moor as he looks to force his way back into the England squad ahead of next summer’s European Championships.
Burnley wants around £50m for Tarkowski, who is also keen to play Champions League football; moving to Leicester may then be an attractive option for the 27-year-old in this transfer window.
They have yet to make a formal bid, though, and it is not clear if they will.
Meanwhile, LancsLive claim Burnley have not received a fresh bid from West Ham for James Tarkowski.
Reports emerged on Thursday morning from Sky Sports suggesting the Hammers had returned with a £31million offer but they are understood to be wide of the mark according to local Burnley sources.
West Ham have made the 27-year-old their top transfer target and remain interested in prising Tarkowski away from Turf Moor.
But having seen two offers rebuffed they have yet to return with a third the local website claims.
West Ham have been linked with a move for Spurs defender Danny Rose.
Sport Witness carries a report from Le10Sport claiming that PSG had discussed the potential of moving for the England international, only to scotch the idea.
Indeed, they claim that he is more likely to stay in the Premier League, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Newcastle.
Aston Villa are mentioned as possible suitors but so too are the Hammers.
Rose is surely set to leave the north London club after he was not given a squad number for the 2020/21 season, and with Spurs now targeting a move for Real Madrid defender Sergio Reguilon, who plays in the same position.
He made 13 appearances for Newcastle last season, but has not remained at St James’ Park and is again on the lookout for a new club.
Serie A outfit Genoa have also been linked.
It would not be an expensive deal, but this is one somewhat out of left-field.
// DEFINE YOUR KEYWORDS WITHIN QUOTES
var captify_kw_query_12375 = "";
// DO NOT MODIFY CODE BELOW